06 March 2006

Unforgivable

Nothing like other people's problems to make your own seem less overwhelming. I didn't get much done this weekend I intended to. My Sunday started off alright, but quickly degenerated, but I'll get to that in a bit.

Ever notice that silly rule that bad things come in threes? It is just a little odd that this past two weeks there have been two sets of threes, all about me and my friends and our relationships. There have been three break-ups, and there have been three men cheating, with some overlap. What the fuck is wrong with men? I've also heard it said that February is tough on relationships. I guess that's true as well. Just complete madness if you ask me.

At any rate, Sunday I had gone to the gym and was just getting up to go get a shower and do some studying and had just turned my computer off when I got a call from SP. She was freaking out, locked in her bedroom and her boyfriend was in the shower downstairs. She'd checked his phone and found an inappropriate text and was losing her shit completely and didn't know what to do. Although what she did was wrong, this was really just the last straw in a much bigger picture, as this is the same SP from this story. They've been in counseling, but it's not been moving along that well, and there's been lots of tension still. So really, this was just the end. Throughout everything they've been through SP would always say out of all things, this was the one area where she trusted him implicitly. Even when other people would listen to the story and wonder. In fact, Saturday morning as she sat with me and tlsd in the Corner Coffee place, she was saying that she trusted him in this one way and that she knew he would never do that to her. So that was really just it. Nothing left.

I managed to convince her to leave the house and come straight to mine. I was concerned if she got into it with him there, that the argument would be explosive and potentially violent. It certainly wasn't going to be productive. I was worried about her and I was glad she left. So she came to mine and I called tsld who had been coming over anyway and filled her in and she came by as well and we stayed with her and talked to her and empathized with her and hugged her and fed her until she was more calm, and knew what she needed to do. And then she did it. And tlsd had to go home, and we stayed up talking a couple more hours, and finally some sleep.

Of course, it's not so easy to end relationships where you have jointly bought property, furniture, etc. But at least she also knows that she's done everything she can to try to make it work, and accepts that it's no longer possible. She's reached the end of the line. That's a positive. Never getting closure however, never getting the answers to why- it's the scars you're left behind with, and that's shit.

So I didn't take a shower, I didn't get to study. I did make the smoked fish salad again that turned out super tasty again. And I didn't get to sleep until two in the morning and damn I am fucking tired. And I have a headache. But at least I'm not quite as melancholic about my own problems.

2 comments:

moi said...

*sigh*

He's just so worthless. Urgh. It's the fact that we knew it would end this way before they even moved in together that's upsetting. The sign's where all there and all we could do was watch it roll at speed towards the inevitable.

Kopaylopa said...

tlsd- they say that enlightenment often comes at a very high price, but it's worth it.

mrr- indeed. better to have someone than no one.