10 March 2006

Looking for Inspiration

I seem to be lacking it at the moment. I go through phases like this sometimes. Where I feel like I am going through the motions. Where nothing is good or bad, positive or negative, exciting or not exciting, everything just is.

I hurt myself today
To see if I still feel
I focus on the pain
The only thing that's real
The needle tears a hole
The old familiar sting
Try to kill it all away
But I remember everything

Is this state of one-ness, of nothing-ness the state that Oriental philosophers strive for? How mind-numbingly dull. And that's exactly it really, I'm feeling numb and also dull. This is not a state to strive for.

What have I become?
My sweetest friend
Everyone I know
Goes away in the end
You could have it all
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt

No more applicants at the moment. And I'm not charmed by the ones that have applied so far. I guess I'll just have to give that one some time.

I wear this crown of shit
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Beneath the stains of time
The feeling disappears
You are someone else
I am still right here

Mr.Aloof sent me an email. Short, and generally lacking in content. This sort of contact makes me hurt again. I cannot bring myself to axe it properly, and I cannot force my feelings to suddenly stop. Sad.

What have I become?
My sweetest friend

Everyone I know
Goes away in the end

The studying is still kicking my ass. Very slow progress on this one. Painstakingly slow. Torturous. See, this would be a good time to have a dominant partner. They could whip me into studying, literally. Unfortunately, I just have to do it the boring way on my own. And it's dreary.

You could have it all
My empire of dirt

I will let you down

I will make you hurt

If I could start again

A million miles away

I would keep myself

I would find a way

Now before anyone gets their panties in a bunch about the lyrics verbatim, remember, it's normally only a line or two, or the overall mood or tone that makes a song appropriate. I'm hardly going to go shoot up heroin, and I'm not that fucking depressed. This is just the song playing in my mind, the Johnny Cash version of course.

8 comments:

kybruno said...

I am trying to cut down, really. I waited a whole five or six minutes once I got home before heading here.
Yeah, great song and wonderfully dreary video.
Have you heard Josh Turner's Long Black Train? That was the last country song that sounded like a country song to me. Not as depressing though...

Kopaylopa said...

Who am I to speak of an internet addiction? You must be confusing me with someone not equally afflicted.

I haven't heard Josh Turner, but then again, I don't really like country, but how can you not like Johnny Cash? I liked how he guest sang on his ex son-in-laws country song about the first time he heard Johnny Cash sing 'walk the line'... that's a good song.

-K

kybruno said...

Well, kiddo, I was just looking for a link for that video.
Long Black Train
I love the sound of this guy's voice and I like the tune. I think you know that I am not the bible thumping type. I just liked this and thouht you might as well.
The two of you are in my thoughts far too much, but then, you are kind of alone in there. . .

Anonymous said...

Dreary! D-R-E-A-R-Y???

One of the most powerful bits of film, let alone music video, I have ever seen. A great man, dying on screen.

Dreary. Jeeeesus.

Anonymous said...

K (both),
sory. I had just woken up and hadn't taken my tablets yet! Please delete the last comment. And this one. Or it won't make sense.

Kopaylopa said...

*laugh* changingman, I could delete your posts, but your followup is so entertaining, why deny the masses? As long as you saw the error of your ways, all is well! *laugh*

-K

kybruno said...

That was funny.

Anonymous said...

Johnny Cash, bringing Nick Lowe onto stage to join him when Nick was married to carlene Carter.
"I have had lots of son-in-laws and some of them weren't worth killing..."