01 July 2005

A Wind in My Sails

Bruise- ugly and black and kind of cool. I wore a skirt today so that I could easily show it off to people. My inner child cackled with glee every time I show it to someone and they go 'holy mother of god look at that thing!!!!!'.

*hehe*

CPD- over. And apparently, it went well. Came together alright. My part was 'really interesting' based on an informal poll. And best yet, I came off as 'really intelligent and succinct' in the question/answer bit at the end. So huge score there.

#2- is leaving the office. In October. I must say I was completely stunned actually. He's been here over 4 years and just made associate. He's moving back to New Zealand with his wife though- it's family starting time, and as a fellow ex-pat, I do understand. Still, what sort of karma is that? It's suddenly clear why my role in the office is being pushed to shift into one of more responsibility (not just because I'm smart, see above)... so that was interesting.

It's the weekend. And I'm looking forward to doing nothing. Though I have many mundane things to do, like finish my lecture on Shigeru Ban for Wales: part deux, as well as laundry, Broadway Market, and seeing if I can maybe go to the London Fetish Fair (am undecided).

Did I say I'm wearing a skirt today? I NEVER wear skirts....




No comments: