20 July 2005

To Kent and Back

(Just as I start to write this blog, my boss has returned- figures.)

This morning, before I even headed to work, I thought to myself, "I have nothing to work on today."

It happens like that sometimes. Feast or famine. Usually I have something I can pretend to busy myself with- but the reality was, I did most of that yesterday. And in order to not look like a complete slacker, I was going to have to ask for work this morning.

So I get in and sit down and am just getting my computer on when I see my boss is getting up to leave. I quickly ask him if he's leaving, which he confirms and so I then say something about needing some work.

"Oh, F and A are going to that site down south- you should go with them." and with that, he left.

So I called F who said she and A had planned on riding their bikes to London bridge, getting a train, and then riding their bikes to the site. Need I say it? I don't ride my bike in London. So F tells me I should get on a bus immediately so I can meet them down there in time. So not in the office for even fifteen minutes, I was back out the door.

Got on a bus, got to London Bridge. Found F waiting for me in the ticket line. Got my ticket and we met A on the platform with a minute to spare to catch our train. We got to the site and it was alright. Seven towerblocks on an old asbestos quarry or some such. It was really windy. It was really sunny. I wore the wrong shoes.

I have this pair of red shoes that I really like, but somehow, I've never been able to break them in. They always rub my feet raw, even though they look like they are tremendously comfortable and friendly, so far, they haven't been. And I didn't know I'd be traipsing to the BFE and u
p and down this site and these towerblocks in the midday sun!

So I'm back at work. It's almost time to leave. I'm tired and my feet hurt and I'm sure I've had a bit too much sun. Softball was cancelled- so I'm just going home. Sitting on my sofa and watching some television. I don't even think I want to surf the web. Maybe I'll clean my room or something. No. That takes too much energy. I should have dinner with T but I really don't want to go to her house. I don't want to go anywhere. I don't want to do anything. I want to go home.

I blame the shoes.

No comments: