30 June 2005

Beware My Inner Bitch

Isn't it nice to have an outlet at work...

So our little group of five is supposed to give a CPD to the rest of our office about what it is we five do. This is all well and good, and I think each one of us believes a good thing to do, but who ever said that our little group of five worked well together?

In this scenario I am number 3. 1 and 2 don't work well together, and in fact rarely work together much at all. I work with 1 frequently and 2 sometimes. 2 is a control freak. He likes to use 4 and 5 as extra monkey hands to do work. No brains, just hands. The problem is 2 often tries to make me his monkey hands and I'm just having none of it.

So case in point, we have to put together this lunchtime presentation. Myself and 5 have been doing most of the work. This involved combining a chunk of presentation of mine from Wales with a chunk of presentation of 2's. 2 had lots of suggestions about how mine could be 'fixed'. When I suggested his needed adjustment, I was told that it comes in a set and can't be changed.

Fuck that shit. 2, 4, 5 and myself all sat down and agreed that he would make changes, but he's being belligerent and power hungry. The presentation is tomorrow and everyone's stuff is adjusted except 2's. "2, you need to make those changes we talked about" I said.

"I thought about it last night and I'm not changing it because it comes as a set" he said.

"Well we all sat down and agreed that it would be done, so you need to do it."

"I'm not doing it. And it's not your presentation." he said petulantly.

"Well it's not your fucking presentation either." I said, mumbling on the ''fucking".

In fact, 'fucking' has been every fourth word out of my mouth the past half hour. I'm going to bite someone's fucking head off. I ain't your fucking monkey hands mother fucker.

On the plus side, since 2 is doing no work on the powerpoint, I just made all the changes exactly how I want and he can go fuck himself. Oh, and in doing so, I also got 5 on my side. Bring it on.

No comments: