31 July 2005

Yesterday

I haven't seen much of my house the past two days. Even though I really need to do some shopping for some clothes to wear to my friend N's wedding in Sienna in a few weeks, I think that I will not leave my house today. But we'll see.

Friday was office drinks at Dalston Jazz Bar after office tea and cakes as picked by S as it was his leaving celebrations. We didn't stay at the Jazz Bar that late, I went over to T's house after- we stopped by Sainsbury's on the way back to hers and picked up some dinner fixings. I think I got home around midnight.

Saturday I was up early, as it was a long day planned. I had told C I would vacate the flat so that she and Amsterdam resident boyfriend D could have some quality alone time. Which was fine. I had planned a day full of activities so I put a bag of stuff together and headed back to T's.

Before that however, I had to sort out my clothes for the day. Can't go to a bdsm festival in street clothes. Well, I suppose I could have, but I wanted to make a little bit of an effort. Settled on long black skirt, green tank top, with dark green crop sweater over. T was sorting her black attire when I arrived. We had planned to go to Broadway Market first- to get some food and kill some time in the morning before heading to Kinkfest. Which we did. T was looking for a necklace to go with a dress for a wedding she is going to be in. We ended up at a stall where two guys made jewelry from Italian glass. They were very cool and started making one on the spot for T to her specification. It turned out perfectly as a matter of fact. But since we were there so long, I kept looking at the wares on display and ended up buying a funky necklace that I had not intended on buying. T was a bad influence on me yesterday. More on that to come.

In the market we bumped into C and D who were picking up things for their evening dinner. We also saw S from our office, though it is unclear if he saw us or not. We didn't say hello to him and he did not say hello to us which caused T no shortage of grief throughout the day. But it didn't bother me. I didn't really want to chat with him, and we didn't, and so that was the end of it for me.

After the market, T and I headed to Kinkfest at London Bridge. It was pretty cool. Got to see some interesting displays and demonstrations. How can one explain to anyone who has not been? I'm not sure. Got to see caning demonstrations. Bullwhip demonstrations. Electro demonstrations. Needle demonstrations (yuck). Shibari demonstrations. Lots of nudity. Lots of corsets. Lots of rubber. Lots of school skirts. Some feathers. Some strap-ons. Tattoos. Piercings. Many colors of hair. And lots of things to purchase. I got a couple of padlocks on matched keys, always useful. And T got a fantastic feather fluff on a small wooden handle. Then we passed a whip and flogger vendor who had a lovely flogger in green, reddish brown, and mustard yellow deerskin. It was the green that caught T's eye initially. And once we expressed interest, it was a short time after that I was forking over cash for my new purchase. I had NOT intended on buying a flogger. But it is lovely..... What I had wanted was a gag and a different set of nipple clamps. Didn't end up with the clamps, though I saw plenty, I wasn't feeling inspired. I did manage to buy a gag that was reasonably priced, but when we got back to T's, and I looked at it more closely, the buckle had been put on wrong. So I'm going to have to send it back to them for an exchange. Annoying. But dealable with.

We left Kinkfest and went back to T's place where I changed half my clothes into something more comfortable and tried to get in touch with S and C whom I had plans with for the evening. They only live a hop skip and jump from T, so even though I couldn't get S on the phone, I headed over to theirs. Of course they were in, trying to get their outfits together for going out. They recently added an old gymnasium horse to their living room which was stunning. Anyway, we were off to see Circus Oz which was a ton of fun. After which we went to Studio Six at Gabriel's Wharf.

We finished dinner at around eleven. If I had wanted to, I had been invited to a party on Isle of Dogs. But I was exhausted and couldn't stomach yet another exchange of friends. So I skipped that and headed back with S and C and got in just past midnight.

Today I have work to do that I brought home and laundry is beckoning. I would like to go out and do stuff, but it's that whole weekend conundrum. Fun, chores, relax. One always get the short stick with only two days to fit it all into. Still, yesterday was good enough to carry the weekend in terms of excitement level.

No comments: