23 July 2005

Did I Say Productive?

Well that's a matter of opinion I guess. I went to feed T's cats only to find her flatmate had already done it. I made it to the market and didn't get anything in particular out of the ordinary. I wasn't feeling that inspired. I ended up eating the neighbors super hot and spicy Nigerian food before going, so I wasn't that hungry but did not manage to resist a nutella and banana crepe from the French guy. Mmmm....

Came home and where did the time go? I did one load of laundry, though it's been done for a few hours and I've not been able to bring myself to hang it up. I managed to get the batteries to my drill charged with the intent of hanging the kitchen curtains. But I'm not sure I see that happening today. Tomorrow perhaps. Though I would really like to get those up. Made from super-fun Marimekko fabric I picked up in Finland and that my coworker S made into curtains for me. She is still working on the ones for my bedroom- hopefully finishing them this weekend. Though I am really happy to get my makita drill back in working order. I needed a power converter/adaptor plug in order to bring it back to life. Every girl should have a drill. I love my power tools....

I am also in the middle of yet another cooking experiment, though this is less an experiment as I'm basically following directions from a book. Madhur Jaffrey's Indian Cooking to be precise. I haven't made tons from it yet, but everything I've made so far has been really tasty. I'm doing a spicy chicken bake at the moment. But it needs to marinate for another couple of hours.

I'm not actually sure I've accomplished much of anything else today. Oh, I did manage to pay for some eBay purchases I won. Now I just have to sit back and wait for those to arrive. Must have more music. Must have more books. I just can't get enough.

Still, it's been raining out and it's not like the weather was nice. I'm enjoying my time at home actually, as I always do. And anyway, there's always tomorrow to be productive...

2 comments:

X said...

And anyway, there's always tomorrow to be productive...

Riiiiight.

---X

Kopaylopa said...

Shhhhh! I'm trying to fool myself!!!

(11:15 and I'm still in my PJs....)

To be fair, I did LOOK at the curtain wire.....

-K