09 June 2005

Hair

I am in desperate need of a haircut.

And this time I'm not talking about pubes.

I only go to get a haircut about three times a year. Maybe even like twice a year. In fact there may have been a year in there where I got a haircut once in the year, but after getting chewed out by my haircolorist and hairstylist, we won't talk about that time.

The reason I can get away with this is because my hair is naturally curly. It doesn't grow down in a straight line, instead it sort of meanders down in spirals. What an interesting analogy for my thought process.. but I digress. I think I had a haircut in January, and my hair is really starting to bother me. It has no good shape, and it's too heavy so it's laying flat on top. It also desperately needs to be colored as I can see all my grey hair roots in with my regular roots.

Because I don't go often, I feel justified in spending a chunk of change on a haircut. I have since last year been going to Toni & Guy in Islington to the same two stylists. They do a pretty good job, so I'm happy to go back. But it's not the *best* stylist I've ever had.

Good stylists are worth their weight in gold. The best one I had was now... what... six years ago when I lived in Baltimore. I've not found anyone as good with my hair, which is, admittedly, not the easiest hair for a stylist to do much of anything with. I really miss that stylist, still, all this time later.

I really need a haircut. I'm feeling frizzed out and seriously shaggy. Which is completely NOT how one wants to feel when seeing Mr.Aloof for the first time in two months. *GR*


No comments: