09 June 2005

500 Mental Revolutions per Second

One of my coworkers has told me I'm transferring my anxiety onto my hair and it looks fine. The 'it looks fine' made me feel better. For the other part, I hit her.

Our softball game yesterday was good. The park was completely packed and it was very difficult to find a place to play. We ended up sharing a field that really should have held one game with two other games. We ended up with our outfield containing a couple of massive trees and a hill. At least this kept the game somewhat contained. The other team was good fun and we had a lively, entertaining, casual game. Usually games go for three innings. At the end of three innings, we had won, 26-19. However, since everyone was enjoying themselves, we decided to go for an extra inning and so we lost, 28-31. But since we were only supposed to play three innings, I think we won.

During the game I was getting called on my mobile. It turned out to be my friend R who is the way back when ex boyfriend of new flatmate C. When I met them, it was R+C, but that was 12 years ago. They had a rather bitter breakup, but I managed to stay in touch with both. R lives in Crewe with his girlfriend and their three year old daughter. I don't see them often, so when he asked if I wanted to meet up since he had be redirected through London for the night I agreed. We met up at Oxford Circus and went to dinner around there. I noticed that the restaurant was clearing but was still stunned when R said it was quarter to midnight. We left and I got the night bus back home, not arriving at my house until after one. It was good to catch up with him.

I am however, currently exhausted. Which isn't going well with my nerves, or the fact that Mr.Aloof suggested we meet up south of the river at eight (meaning there is no way I will be home before midnight, if I even go home at all) or the fact that I think my hair is a big poofy mess. I just want to go to sleep. It is currently the overriding thing on my mind.

How pathetic is that?

No comments: