21 June 2005

A Bad Combination

Give me cold weather over hot any day.

I always feel like I am in the minority of comfort opinion. I'm a morning person, not a night owl, I like cold weather, not hot. I prefer moonlight to sunlight (though that doesn't work well with the morning person thing)....

In Wales it rained a lot. Not heavy rain that you have to sludge around with an umbrella but rather lots of misty splatter type rain that just gets you wet by being somewhere in the vicinity of it. Everything was damp. All the papers, tables, chairs, etc. That was most of the time. Saturday it was really beautiful weather and Sunday it was hot.

I caught on the news that it was 'really hot' in London and when I arrived back Sunday night, it did have all the makings of a place that was hot. Yesterday at work it was hot. Not unbearable, but still warm. Our office doesn't have air conditioning- we have fans. My little desk fan did a sum total of diddly-squat, but luckily, my boss has brought in a large standing fan from home. Unfortunately, he says he may take it back home. It was the only saving grace to the afternoon.

Today it already seems hot. I'm going to walk to work today- mainly because I've been shit about going to the gym and if I'm not going to the gym, I need to do some sort of exercise, so walking to work is on my list of 'easy things' to fit in.

The worst thing about the sudden change from reasonable temperatures to hot is that my skin breaks out. Red itchy spots are appearing and I need to not be scratching them. Except I am- even in my sleep I find. I hate that I get it on my face. It just makes me feel ugly and doesn't help with the state of my mood.

Anyway, time for a walk...

2 comments:

X said...

I feel slightly more educated just looking at that picture.

They're saying it's going to reach 32 degrees on Thursday. I think that's about 90 in 'Merican degrees. Have fun!

---X

Kopaylopa said...

Thursday? I'm supposed to go see a movie with Mr.Aloof... movie theaters are air conditioned in this country... aren't they? Bleh.