23 June 2005

Clothing Perils

It's too hot today. Already I can tell. This morning it was too warm in my bed with the sun shining directly on it. My fan offered moderate relief, but not enough.

And later today, I have a date, with Mr.Aloof. Or at least, I assume I have a date, having not heard from him since briefly yesterday afternoon. Could be changed by now.

I also have a meeting where I should try to look moderately respectable, which works well the getting dressed for a date. Of course, since I dress up so rarely, putting effort into my clothes is always a hassle.

I opted for comfortable linen-like pants and a stripey synthetic sheer layered top. Found some shoes in one of my as yet unpacked boxes that are alright, but since I've not worn them much, I'm sure they will destroy my feet by the time the day is done.

Bra matches g-string which is currently in my bag. A more comfortable pair of cotton panties is on my person and I will change later in the day.

Watch. None of this preparation will probably matter. *sigh*

In the meantime, a synthetic top is hot. My shoes are to the side of my desk. I worry by the afternoon I'll be so uncomfortable and unhappy that it will mess up the flow of the evening. I doubt that will happen, but I worry about it just the same.

At least I don't bother with make-up. Then I'd really be a basket case.

Shit. Should I have messed with make-up?

No comments: