24 June 2005

Relieved

I don't think I wrote about it, but I've been a bit paranoid recently because we have our annual reviews now and mine is on Monday. When I get worried about something, I tend to get paranoid. In the case of my job, this means I get paranoid that I am about to be fired. It's not that I can think of any particularly good reason that I should be fired, I just become convinced that it's about to happen.

So I've been feeling this since Monday this week. I haven't really talked to anyone about it, because it's not been so severe that I've needed to. But it's been bothering me.

So today, my boss filled out his part of my review form and went over it with me this afternoon. I think he goes through it with me because he doesn't sit on my review. He's not a director, I think he's an associate director, and your review is with two directors. So I thought for sure there would be something negative. Something bad. But it turns out, he gave me a really nice review and wants me to grow in responsibility by managing my own project from start to finish. And he acknowledges that this needs to be done by the office- as the work distribution at the moment is a bit skewed. Said I should work on presentation to get rid of the 'ums' and so forth- but really, it was overall pretty good.

So I'm not going to be fired. But I might need to be taking on some more responsibility at work.

I suppose it had to happen sometime.

2 comments:

X said...

Responsibility is overrated.

Case study: my life.

---X

Kopaylopa said...

Yes, but you're young. Eventually, responsibility is inevitable... ;)

-K