29 June 2005

Bruised

Today we had office softball. I knew things weren't going to go well when people started canceling at the last minute. We showed up with eight players, half women half men. The other team showed up with seven men and one woman, three of which were all from the States. Needless to say, we had our butts kicked.

Still, it was good fun, except for that one ball, the one that came straight at me with the full force of a beefy over six foot tall guy behind it.... I missed it with my glove, but managed to stop it pretty well with my inside leg.

The goddamn bastard hurt like a mother-fucker.

I cursed and hopped around for a bit. The fucker hurts now, four hours later. Every time I stand up I feel like my leg is going to give way at the knee. I checked it in the mirror earlier, maybe it was just the angle but I swear the red circle on my leg with the quickly blackening edge was a perfect circle, exactly the size of a softball.

Of course, in my twisted mind, all I could think was it's no fun to get bruises this way....

No comments: