22 December 2005

In Honor of B

I am at the moment taking care of my correspondence by writing an email to old friend B, mentioned previously. B and wife C are having a baby after much difficulty in the getting pregnant department, and so I am very happy for them that it all worked out and they can finally complete their American Dream.

So B and C are keeping a blog of their baby-producing, and putting all sorts of interesting tidbits on it to keep their friends and family content with prying into their lives. But it's tricky I guess, balancing your dark side with your family. B wrote me an email saying:

"The post appropriate test we use is, 'will C's grandmother want to read this?' which unfortunately, whittles down our subject range somewhat."

So in honor of B and what he cannot share with the world and also for tlsd whose sister just squeezed out a baby boy, some additional reasons that I want should not have children.

First, this website, given to me by B in the email referred to above, as something that didn't pass the 'appropriate' test. At the moment the current post (and to me one of the more entertaining) is this one, Little Miss B-O-R-I-N-G
. I just think I like anything that refers to a baby as 'toting around a lump of flesh'.

And second, how to dress your child is of course a topic of endless fascination. B&C get out some of their humor by posting some rather atrocious baby get-ups on their blog, which are good. But they keep the particularly good ones off, again, I just don't think grandma would approve. Luckily, I am not so bothered with opinion. If I had a child, I would so be dressing them in these:

and of course, if it was a little girl, how could I resist this:

though it's good to be an equal opportunity offender:

I mean, wouldn't it be great if you had twins, one boy and one girl and dressed the girl in the tassel shirt and the boy in the boob man onesie? Oh, I'm sick. I know.... sick! *evilgrin*

2 comments:

X said...

How awesome is that Baby Review site? "Total linguistic cripple"? HAHAHA!

---X

Kopaylopa said...

I know, I just wish there were more! I mean, where's the archives? There's got to be more than that....

-K