27 December 2005

Harboring Evil

So S&M arrived today as planned. A bit late, as apparently the Thameslink wasn't running from Gatwick to London Bridge, but they made it eventually, somehow. After getting settled, we managed to pry ourselves out of my flat and on to Covent Garden as the first tourist attraction of their trip. On the way out, I dropped off my key with my neighbor who is going to be painting my hall this week, which is most excellent.

Taking the bus into town, we got off at Holborn and walked to Covent Garden from there. On the way, we stopped at Coffee, Cake, and Kink for some hot chocolate. I didn't actually think they would be game for going in and getting a drink, I was really just pointing it out for shock value in passing, but imagine my surprise when S suggested we go get hot chocolate. Of course this was fine with me, so off we went. S&M perused the many books and toys on display upstairs, though did not want to venture downstairs to sit. Fair enough, I was surprised they were in there at all! We sat upstairs and ended up chatting to two older British guys who were just in there having coffee and reading assorted smutty books.

From there we headed to Covent Garden and walked around looking at the shops and sales, street performers, and other offerings. It was chilly, having snowed this morning, and damp as well. Not ideal weather. We walked around for a few hours, and then headed back towards Hackney. I thought we would go to Bastille for dinner but when we got there it was closed! So instead we got on the bus and headed to south Mare Street where we ended up eating at Anatolia instead where the food was as good as ever, but the service was deplorable.

It was at the end of the meal where the conversation touched upon, and then snagged and took hold, of politics. And I learned, to my dismay, I am sheltering a Republican. How horrifying. Not my friend S, but her husband M. Still, the conversation became heated and intense, not necessarily a good thing. I will need to avoid the topic for the rest of the week in order to preserve my sanity. Of course, I am disappointed to hear anyone speak so fervently of the Republican agenda, to support it's party line. It's times like this I am sorry I am not more politically inclined to better uphold my side of the argument, but I honestly can't be asked.

In more fun news, Mr.Aloof has been texting me in regards to Thursday night which I will be spending at his. So far the pre-evening texts have been intriguing and suggestive. Should be an interesting night.

2 comments:

kybruno said...

Just passing and found you, I like the way you talk and all. How about a slightly bigger font? Otherwise top notch. Oh yeah, republicans are a bit dim.

moi said...

K ... change for no-one...

I have notified the police they'll be straight over to kick that republican's ass out of the UK...

... you... you harbourer

;0p

ps. roll on thursday...