13 December 2005

Home But Not Quite

Welcome to my Tuesday at work. I was not able to write on Sunday when I got home, because I got home five hours later than anticipated. Five hours you ask? Why yes, five hours, let me elaborate.

My flight was supposed to leave New York at 11:30pm. And it was a full flight. I was already feeling anxious so decided to pop two Xanax and get myself to sleep as soon as possible. So I got myself seated and sorted and we left probably thirty minutes late, no big deal. I was out cold. Then, around an hour and a half into the flight, when you stop following the edge of Canada and shoot over the Atlantic, the captain came on.

"I'm sorry ladies and gentlemen, but it seems our satellite radio is out. Also, our backup satellite radio is out. Now, our ground radio is working just fine, but we don't have any satellite. Unfortunately, we are required to have satellite radio to cross the Atlantic and you're not allowed to go without it. So I'm afraid we're going to head back to New York where there's another plane we can use. We'll have to switch planes and head back out. I'm very sorry, but there isn't anything else we can do."

Well, as it turns out, we ended up switching planes in Boston which probably saved all of fifteen whole minutes or something. I don't remember very much of it, seeing as how I was in a drug induced stupor. But the short version is, I didn't get into Heathrow until 4:00pm so I didn't get home until 7:something. Ate something, watched some television, and passed out in bed.

Went to work yesterday and had some emailing with Mr.Aloof, some preparation for a consultation I had in the evening, then I met up with Mr.Aloof afterwards.

Had some good fun with Mr.Aloof. Met up at a bar and had a drink and chat, then went back to his and hung around upstairs. He set the mood for the evening by reading to me from one of his erotic novels while we were curled up on the couch. Not too much play, though I do have some nasty marks from his whip- as he used it for punishment as opposed to pleasure, which meant he started sharp and hard without a warm-up, which left marks, and of course, stung. Those who know me I'm sure can't imagine that I could do anything to warrant a punishment, me, being ever so kind and thoughtful and respectful and perfect *snicker*. But like I said, it was all short. He did wake me up again for sex at some point in the night. Still highly fond of this activity. Going from sleepy languor to sex... I'm not sure why it's so appealing, but I do really really really enjoy it.

We got to sleep a whole extra thirty minutes, so we didn't leave until just after eight. And now I find I am at work again. Tonight is the office Xmas party which should be fun though I'd really like to go home and sleep and unpack and stuff. I'll snap out of it by lunch I hope. I probably have big circles under my eyes.

I think however, it's worth it.

No comments: