20 May 2005

Web Sleuthing

Serves me fucking right. I have a knack for finding things on the web. Some of my friends call me a web stalker. I wouldn't go that far, but I have a gift for association. For making leaps of understanding. This allows me a perhaps above average ability to find things on the web by coming up with keyword variations.

Five years ago... wait, no six years ago I had a falling out with a guy I lived with, P. This was actually a huge major shift in my life. Not only did I fall out with P, but fell out with my best friend of eight years at the same time. My life was torn asunder, without warning. I put it all back together, but I carry the scars.

For six years I have had no word of P. M, my ex-best friend whom I have mentioned before, was easy to web stalk. I found her online journal. I read of her marriage. I saw the photos. I read about her ongoing eating disorders and the fact that her husband turned out to be an alcoholic with liver failure. I sleuthed my way into even finding out she was in contact with an ex boyfriend and contemplating an affair. Web stalking her was simple. But not P. He vanished as if he had never existed. I found trace of him once, because he passed his CPA exam in Maryland. And even that record vanished. There was nothing.

Then, moments ago, I decided to sleuth again. I find a link to a synagogue in Baltimore. He, and the woman he hooked up with at the time when things between us fell apart are apparently still together. Probably married from the look of the announcement. Their 'daughter' is getting b'not mitzvah (really her and her dead husbands daughter- the one she was cheating on with P when he was living in my house). I think I harbored a wish or blind understanding that karma dictated things had gone to shit for him. Because he deserved it for being such a tosser. But now I sleuthed my way into finding out that things didn't go how I thought. I'm not pleased. I harbor latent hatred and a desire for vengeance. The rabid bitch inside me wishes something terrible had happened to him.

Fuck. That'll teach me to go sleuthing. Can you feel the hatred emanating from the screen? *seethe*


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please read www.scripturist.com and then email me at wesharman@mac.com and tell me what you think of it.

Thank you,

Wes