27 May 2005

Morning Jumble

Last night went to Hackney Central with C and her boyfriend D. Last time I went with T, about a week and a half ago, it was the worst meal I have ever had there. Shockingly poor. So I was a bit nervous about trying it again so soon. However, the quality is back. So that was good. It was nice to spend time with C and more properly meet D. Since she's moved in I've really barely seen her. A bit odd that.

This morning I awoke before my alarm. My throat was killing me. I hoped this was because I had been snoring or something and breathing through my mouth, which happens from time to time. But no, it would appear I have the beginnings of a cold. I do not wish to have a cold. Not that anyone ever does. My brain feels a bit fuzzy. I really hope it's not going to be a bad one.

Of course it's bad timing as well, though, is it ever good timing to get a cold? But just before the long weekend.... well, I hope that I am healthy by Wednesday. Mr.Aloof is back from Vienna and promises me that we are going to meet up, and a whole lot more. I'm not going to believe it until it happens, but I would be lying if I didn't admit to having hope. I just try to keep expectation to a minimum. Life is less depressing that way.

I'm supposed to meet up with S over the weekend. If I feel like total shit I'm not going to want to go anywhere. If I feel alright, I would like to get to Kew Gardens to see the Chihuly exhibit. Chihuly is one of my favorite modern artists and the exhibit looks as though it could be really spectacular. Plus, shamefully, I've not been to Kew yet, even though I've lived here for over two years. I've sent other people when they have come to visit and I have been at work. That's sad, isn't it?

Well, TGIF and all that. Sick or not, I am seriously looking forward to a three day weekend. Of course I know what will happen- it will be over before I know it and I'll be stuck back here at work. Always the way.


No comments: