30 May 2005

Three Day Weekend

See, this is how life should be. The three day weekend is the ideal amount of time to accomplish what needs to be done in a normal 'weekend'. One day for resting, one day for chores, and one day for enjoyment and activities. Now me, I spent Saturday sleeping and feeling ill. Sunday, S came over and I cooked yummy food (we were supposed to go to Kew Gardens, but as I was still feeling rather shitty, S just came over and I cooked us good food instead). And today C and I made huge progress on things that I had been leaving 'to get done' in my flat. The downstairs is now pretty much all put away and cleared (if you don't count my massive amount of accumulated shit on the shelves in the lounge). All the boxes to go to the charity shop are gone, all the pictures are hung. Things that were sitting around have been put away or places have been found for them. And then I spent the rest of the day doing work for my upcoming teaching in Wales.

Now, I don't really want to go to work tomorrow, but it's not all that bad. A four day week? A weekends worth of accomplishments and rest under my belt? This is the life I tell you.


No comments: