23 May 2005

At the End of the Day

It amazes me that I seem to schedule most of my social life after work. It's amazing because after working all day I am so completely wiped, that all I want to do is go home and vegetate in front of the television. The reality is, this isn't what normally happens- and usually I end up out meeting someone to go do something or another.

As I sit and painfully wait for the clock to roll to six o'clock, I must remember that I am not going straight home. I am meeting with S to go over what we need to do for our course. I teach on an MSc course in June and July. Did it for the first time last year. We need to now review what we did last year, make any changes, and get stuff ready for next month. I haven't even booked my train tickets yet. I should really get on that.

Not to mention, I need to prepare a lecture for the July one. I'm giving the same lecture that I gave last year in June, but need to create an entirely new lecture for July. Crap. That's stressful. So much to do! And all I want to do is go home. My sofa is calling to me! Can't you hear it?


No comments: