26 May 2005

Embarrassment

40 minutes until utter shame.

My office is a good size architecture practice. We have around 80-100 employees. As part of ongoing education, we have CPD lunches (I believe this stands for something like 'Continuing Professional Development'). Sometimes these lunches are hosted by outsiders who want us to specify their products. Sometimes they are 'in-house' to cover additional topics.

My 'department' (it's hard to call five people a department) is supposed to give a CPD about how the work we do (urban design) can be integrated with the rest of the office. What we do, why it's important. Blah blah blah.

I was nominated to set this up. In the process, everyone became aware of the lecture I give for my UEL work which is a basic introduction to the principals of urban design. So someone had the good idea that I should present it to my team as a starting point for discussion about the CPD we are going to give to the office.

It is one thing to lecture basic principals to a group of non-professionals and another thing entirely to tell this to people who should have had the same education that I've had, and who also do this work every friggin day. I'm going to look like a moron.

Please someone, just shoot me now.


No comments: