25 April 2005

Tailbone

When I was a teenager in high school I was running on the ice. I feel down a couple of times, hard. I noticed that evening that I had intense pain when sitting. The pain lasted a few weeks. I went to the doctor and he suggested that I probably fractured my tailbone. He didn't think it was broken from what I described but it was probably a little bit off and causing all the pain.

Throughout the years from time to time I get terrible pain when sitting. I feel it pressing. It's internal the pain, it's hard to describe. Like blood being stopped and then rushing back. Like a giant nipple clamp for the end of your spine. But not nearly as enjoyable.

My ass is hurting me now. It hurt all day at work, and it's giving me twangs sitting in this chair. I think I need to go lay down on my side for a while. What good is a coccyx anyway? I mean... if you're going to have that, I would prefer to have a tail, preferably prehensile.

No comments: