14 April 2005

Killing Time

I have a habit of getting to places early. Even when I try not to. Tonight I meet Mr. Aloof at Angel. At seven. It would be stretching it to say it would take me twenty minutes to get there. So of course I'm going to leave at 6:30 and be early. But I can't be earlier than that. It's just unreasonable.

So I'm at work. Illegally surfing the web and being monitored. Listening to the 17th disc in the Live @ the World Cafe Cds from WXPN. I love these Cds. Once I discovered them, I bought as many as I could, but the first ones are hard to come by. You see them on ebay for $100 or so every now and then. The earliest I have is number 4. I had downloaded most of them from bearshare at one point. But that computer is sitting collecting dust in my mother's closet, as she likes to remind me every now and then and piss me off.


Oh yeah, and I'm listening on my zen nomad. None of this ipod bullshit. As a designer, I appreciate the ipod design. And they do have kick ass marketing. But I don't look at my mp3 player, I listen to fucking music on it. So why would I go with an inferior product?


30 gigs, filled. I need a 60 gig one now. I don't even have half my music on this thing.

No comments: