22 April 2005

Alone

I am sitting in a rather lonely corner of my office today. Just got a text from my coworker C who says that she and T and H were all here until 3:30 finishing something so are taking the day off. P, my boss is also away, and so far A who sits in our little urban design corner hasn't come in either. Which means it's just me sitting here with my noisy computer feeling very unmotivated to do actual work. What else is new?

I'm chatting with SA on IM. He and SHH have very similar life problems. Not being able to prioritize what they want out of life. What is it, doing a job you like, or the money? Both want everything. No one gets everything. Okay, some people get everything but, lets be realistic. In order to be happy in life, you need to get your priorities together. If what you really care about is the money, then just admit that to yourself and stop complaining about how you want to do something else but can't take a pay cut. If you want to do something else, then suck it up that you will need to change your lifestyle, but that will be okay, because you will be doing work that you want to be doing.

Why is this so fucking difficult for people? I do actually really enjoy the work I do. And yeah, I could make more money but I wouldn't be happy. And it's not like I make horrible money. I live comfortably enough. But clearly it's more important for me to do work I want to be doing than make money. And since I know that, I'm not conflicted in life. Well, not about job stuff anyway. Never about job stuff. And I don't really understand my friends with all their whining about work. Shit or get off the pot. It's not that fucking difficult, you know?



No comments: