24 April 2005

Internet Pitfalls - Worry

Today I should have been spending the entire day with Mr. Aloof. But I have not heard from him since Tuesday. On Tuesday he came online briefly to send me a quick flurry of IMs just to say hello. Now, I know I call him Mr. Aloof for a reason, but it is not in keeping with what I know of him that he would so completely blow me off.

I sent him some IMs over the week and got no response- fair enough, he may not have been online. I sent two emails as well, but if he's not online, he wouldn't have gotten those either. I also sent some texts. I thought for sure I would hear from him by yesterday. But I didn't. So I called. And his phone is switched off. So I called the home number- no answer. I called again this morning, phone still off, still no answer.

I am not so self centered as to think this has anything to do with me. I am in fact, quite worried. I will call his office tomorrow to see what they say. I expect something strange or otherwise unpleasant. When you meet people on the internet, how would anyone else know to contact them if something happens to you? Especially if you set up special accounts for your online activities. This sucks.

No comments: