17 April 2005

Flatmates

My flatmate Z just moved out today. She paid through the end of the month, but this was when her dad could get the van. So she's gone. And I'm a bit sad. She was a good flatmate. And now I have to find a new one. My friend C is applying for a job in London and will be down from Manchester on Wednesday for an interview on Thursday. There are four others applying for the job, so she may not get it. And it's not so close to Hackney- but she has said if she gets the job she wants to live here. So I'm just waiting I guess to find out what happens.

Z was a really good flatmate. She was/is a page 3 model. But not some nasty druggie partying one. She was actually quite down to earth and cool, and happened to show her tits as a career. Our schedules almost never conflicted and she was generally clean which included cleaning the bathroom (a job I despise)! She bought all the gossip mags so there was always something to read in the lounge. And she shared her Indian takeaways.

I sort of wish I didn't need to have a flatmate, but financially I really do. This place was slightly over my budget, and while I can probably swing a month without the income, it would really be bad for me to not get someone in soon. I hope C moves in. Dealing with strangers is such a hassle. After all, everything here is mine. Do I really want to trust strangers with that? No choice really. I may have to. At least it's more a 'normal' thing here. Flatshares. Maybe it's normal in NY or something, but I've never needed to find a place to live there as an adult. And every other city I've lived in, it's not that common- fully furnished rooms in people's houses. Here it's incredibly common.

Just none of this, yeah?



No comments: