08 April 2005

Mike the Headless Chicken

I like weird shit. Every now and then (okay, fairly frequently) something crosses my path that I make a mental note of. My mind is full of useless information about very strange things. One of my favorite things to pull out is MIke the Headless Chicken.

I was recently reminded of this useless trivia when I went to a reading by David Sedaris. He asked everyone if they happened to know anything about chicken egg fertilization and reproduction, to let him know at the signing, since he had recently become curious about the subject.

Oddly enough, about six months ago, I became obsessed with understanding chicken egg fertilzation. Now I have a book from David saying, "Dear K----, thanks for the information on chicken sperm!". I think it's one of my current most prized posessions.


No comments: