29 November 2005

Complications

Well, as it turned out, I was stood up for the evening by Mr.Aloof. Not that it came as a very big surprise. Having not heard a peep from him post-lunch, it didn't bode well. And by the time I went home at six with no word, it was looking even worse. This isn't the first time something similar had happened, so I wasn't completely unprepared, but I was very unhappy. If I'd known he wasn't going to show, I could have watched Alias with T. Tonight was the only free night I had left.

Sort of.

And so my complications begin. Tomorrow night is the concert. And there is no way that there will be any time to meet up in combination with the concert. So then there is Thursday. And I am going with T and S to the design show. But the design show ends at nine. So it's completely possible to meet up with Mr.Aloof after nine. Except that T and S may get mad at my split commitment.

It's a hassle though- trying to fit everyone in and make everyone happy. T and S would probably say that I should not meet Mr.Aloof because he had his chance at an evening and this is their evening. Except they are forgetting that if I do that, I am also punishing myself, because I want to see him. And I want to see them too, and I wouldn't not go to the design show, or leave early, but I want to be able to do both without people getting mad at me. Except I don't see that happening.

On the plus side, after being irritated and stood up this evening I actually got a phone call from Mr.Aloof at ten. Saying he'd been out of the city, just returned to the office. We never talk on the phone. And he said he was sorry, which is also not a common occurrence. And he asked about my Wednesday and Thursday plans and if there was any way he could come north to see me, because he really wanted to see me before I left. And he's never said that either. And I really want to see him too.

I have enough stress right now, don't I? Why do these complications have to add to it?

No comments: