01 January 2006

This Is Too Early

So S&M are probably at Victoria station by now, getting on the Gatwick Express on their way back to Texas. It was really good to have them, they were easy guests to host, and it had been far too long since we'd seen each other.

Yesterday we ended up going to Borough Market and then walked along the Thames past the Globe and onto the Tate Modern where I bought a book by Banksy on his work. Then we walked across the Millennium Bridge to St. Paul's and it was home from there. We changed and they packed a bit, and then we went to meet S&C at the Dove on Broadway Market for dinner which was nice before heading back to S&C's place which is right on London Fields for New Years (and S's 30th birthday!) drinks and celebrating, and a handful of other people showed up as well. We watched the London fireworks on TV, and then we slowly took our leave and ended up back at mine just past one. Of course for some reason I thought this was a good time to read through my entire new book so I didn't get to sleep until half past two and they had to be up at seven thirty, and I've been awake ever since. Sometimes it's hard to be a morning person- once you are up, you are up.

Now seeing as how I did nothing before S&M's arrival, I actually have some things that I should be getting around to over the next couple days. Of course, all I want to do is curl up in bed or in front of the television and do some crosswords or something. And I can tell you now, I so do not want to be going back to work on Tuesday. Bleh!

Oh yeah, and happy 2006!!

1 comment:

X said...

Happy new year!

---X