16 January 2006

Kick the Cable

So I had a post halfway written already- when T, our office junior went to moving some file cabinet or another that is by my desk and proceeded to unplug my computer. This of course meant that I lost all my well thought out and crafted sentences from before. Now I just have to regurgitate the previous. So sad.

Today my hair is straight. Yesterday, I got a haircut and the stylist offered to blow it out for me at the end. I figured, I haven't had straight hair for about three years now, so it seemed like a fun thing to do. I couldn't stop looking at myself in every mirror and reflective surface I passed. And frequently touched my head which feels ever so different with my fine hair hanging straight as opposed to the usual curl.

Yesterday I also cooked a Japanese meal which turned out reasonably well. I say reasonably because the cut of beef I selected for my negimaki was not the cut I should have picked and a bit too gristly and thick to behave correctly. Of course to me, this ruined the entire meal, even though the eggplant and peppers in miso sauce and the rice and the dessert came out very well. No, ruined I tell you, all because of gristle.

So I slept on my straight hair- and it has stayed mostly straight, and so have worn it into work, much to the amusement of the people I work with. From the "Wow, that looks so much better!" to the "Oh no- it's going to go back right?", everyone seems to have their own opinions and there is not consensus one way or the other. Still, it's entertaining. It also looks much lighter (I got it colored as well) than it will when it goes back to curly. I don't know why, it just does.

So now I am at work, which is annoying me as usual. Waiting for PH to sign off on my fucking holiday request so i can tell SH that we are all good for Portugal in two weeks time. And frankly, that trip needs to start being planned, so I really wish PH would pull the thumb out and sign already. It's ridiculous to keep waiting but apparently he wants to talk to MG- oh I know, maybe I'm going to be fired... yeah... that's what it must be.

Oh well, the weekend wasn't long enough, and here I am again.... at least I can entertain myself today by touching my hair. It'll be gone tomorrow!

No comments: