19 January 2006

A Strange New Year

Is it only January? My life seems all in turmoil this year. How did that happen? For that matter, why is 'New Years' so special anyway? It is not at the start of a season, it's only just into winter, and yet it somehow marks the start and end of something. That really doesn't make much sense. But since it's convention, I'll stick with it.

If I had to sum up last year for me, I would probably jokingly call it my 'year of sex'. Not that I had a lot of sex in particular, but it was a lot of sex for me. And interesting sex at that. And sexual exploration. I'm sure as time passes it will be what 2005 represents in my mind. And that's fine by me.

But this year. What has happened? My work situation is thrown up in turmoil as I am seriously debating on a regular basis whether I should stay at my job or look for a new one. My relationship with Mr.Aloof is non-existent. Oh, he's around- don't get me wrong, and it's not 'ended' officially. But I haven't talked with him in what feels like so long or had any real conversation with him, that I recognize he has slipped off my radar. I don't feel anything about him at all. And I don't see that as a particularly good thing. Perhaps that is to be more short-lived than I anticipated. Then there's my health. A hospital visit and three days at home.

Coming up SH is arriving next week and the two of us are jetting off to Portugal on a Ryanair special which should be good fun. But who knows. Given how my year is going the plane will either crash or one of us will fall off a cliff or develop food poisoning or something. I feel as though I should be wary of this new year. So far, it's been a mixed bag.

2 comments:

Try to flattening the Eartg said...

contact me plz, fthamura@yahoo.com

kybruno said...

Yes, well, do be careful. The world is sad and silly enough with you in it, but without? Perish the thought. Have fun and post some pretty pictures.