21 January 2006

Stupid Oven

That previous picture was not my banana bread, it was a picture of banana bread I found on the web. It looked very similar to how my bread -normally- looks. Normally meaning, when I have cooked it in the past, not in this country, but in my current wonky oven, whose temperature I cannot master, my banana bread got charred, terribly. Once you cut off the blackened crust, it's fine underneath, if a bit dry. But really, I was more than a little put out. And this isn't the first time my oven has failed me in the temperature conversion area. I'm going to need to get an oven thermometer or something. Not that those ever work.

Tlsd and I went to see Narnia today. After we got denied last weekend. We went to the earlier show, and thought that most people will had seen it by now. Most people probably have, only those with sniffling toddlers hadn't however, and thought it would be a good idea to bring them to our show. It was clearly a combination problem of people not bothering to check that it's almost a three hour movie, or knowing the story of Narnia well enough to know it's not really appropriate for the five and under set. Regardless, although I did enjoy the movie, my enjoyment was somewhat diminished by all the bothersome people and their offensive children. Was it wrong to laugh when some of the children were crying when Aslan died?

Tonight I was just going to bum around at home, but SA has called me and invited me to a house warming of one of his coworkers girlfriends which is just north of me in either Stoke Newington or Stamford Hill (he hasn't quite worked it out yet). I figure I may as well go. It would do me to be a bit social and stop mulling over my Mr.Aloof situation.

Here's the thing. I can see when he's been online because he recently (well, not that recently) made a new account on the personals site where we met. And I clocked his new profile and bookmarked it. So even though I may not hear from him for days, I know that he's been on the computer because I can clearly see when he was last online. Today for example. I can see he was on five hours ago, but I haven't heard from him. Before you jump to any conclusions, let me state that I in no way believe he's 'seeing' someone else. I don't think that's it at all. But it is rather curious, what he's doing online all the time, and how he's ignoring me. The thing is, it's my own damn fault for being an internet snoop, even though the information I'm referring to is available to public scrutiny. I'm killing myself by checking it every time I go on the site, which is frequent as I read up on the discussions and blogs there. I did let him know I clocked his new account, but I don't think he's computer savvy enough to know that I can see exactly when he was last on. Do I let him in on this secret? Just so it stops bothering me? I shouldn't. I am not in a position to ask him to 'not be online'. I just wish he wasn't so fucking aloof.

6 comments:

kybruno said...

Your in London, get yourself an Aga. Read a book called Toast not long ago that said they were the best in the world. Of course, I would worry about a range that is always on.
You seem to attract the aloof type. I'm sure there is something deep seated about that. Well, maybe not.

Kopaylopa said...

Hm.... my oven is integrated into my Ikea cabinets. It's not a single unit with the range, the range is seperate. I really don't know how easy it would be to replace, I probably won't. If I did though, I'm thinking a simple digital control would probably help tremendously.

I do attract aloof types, but that's an entire other story..... :)

-K

moi said...

... not only do yo attract aloof-types... but you are attracted to aloof-types.

Whilst you're kitchen is rather large for an 'ackney flat, an Aga would not fit... although the thought of it did make me lol. My Sis has an Aga... it's the size of your bathroom...*smirk*

I have to say the charred pear cake still tasted goooooood!

;0p

Kopaylopa said...

Who asked for your input you raggy-doll lover? And why are you commenting on my blog when you haven't done one of your own forEVER?

I didn't say the food didn't taste okay, but aesthetically, it was ruined. considering my penchance for all things Japanese, you should understand how flavor and presentation are inseperably linked! :P ;)

-K

moi said...

"...raggy doll lover" ????!!!!!????

The world is governed by aesthetics.

ps. You blog. You allow comments. Therefore I deduce you are asking for my input... biznatch!

;0p

Kopaylopa said...

Whatever those stupid broken doll thing cartoon you watched was. I like aloof men, you like broken men. Now get back to your own blog and entertain me.