11 October 2005

Sloth

I am not being very productive today.

Or rather, I am not being very productive today about the things I should be productive about. This morning I was very productive because I decided to make the rest of the crepe batter into crepes and bring all the extra ones in for friends at work. That was successful, and productive.

I did manage to study last night. And that was productive. Maybe not study well, but I am just getting back into it. And I'm going to have to study a little bit every day from now on. When I'm studying it's okay, it's just getting myself to start that's the problem.

Sort of like going to the gym. Granted I've not been well when my gym interest reignited, but I could probably go now, and I've not been. Why? Because I can't find the motivation, even though I know that if I was at the gym it would be fine and I would be enjoying it. So gym attendance has not been very productive.

And then there's work. I am struggling through doing the most menial of tasks. Which in all honesty is perhaps part of the problem, but maybe not. Because when a task requires a lot of mental energy I am equally reluctant to get started. I'm working, but very slowly, and generally, not being very productive.

What I did manage to do today was send an email to Mr.Aloof that I vaguely wish I hadn't sent. Except something needed to be said. And now I've not heard back from him and so it is this small thing that is taking my mental energy and attention.

And I keep getting calls from total freaks about my room. You wouldn't think it was so difficult, to rent a room. But I just missed the school term starting and apparently, the general public are total and complete morons.

But you know, I knew that already.

No comments: