05 October 2005

Dry Climate

London is a much drier climate than anything I have ever lived in before. Having left the States, I find that many people don't really grasp exactly how hot and how humid a major part of the States gets. It is very common in summer all along the east coast, through the south and the midwest to reach 100% humidity.

So it struck me a bit, when I moved to London that when the humidity reached 60%, people thought it was humid. Really, it just isn't. Which is only a bit funny I suppose, because it rains a lot more here than most of the previous places I mentioned.

Anyway, the weather is changing and I'm still getting over my plague, and the latest thing to strike me is an uncontrollable itching all over. Although it started on the soles of my feet, can't really say why. Well, I'm hypothesizing why. I think it's the change in the weather and the fact that it's just so dry here. I think my skin is just... dry. And while I suffer from chronic skin problems which seem like dry skin, having overall dry body skin has never been something I had much of a problem with. Though I must say in general, my hair is lot less frizzy here.

Tomorrow after my shower I'm slathering on the baby oil. And I'm going to sleep with my feet slathered in lotion in little socks. I really can't stand this itching anymore.

...

In other news, my last post was a bit premature. Mr.Aloof and I were sending each other some rather risque messages back and forth today. Okay, he's still being a bit withdrawn and aloof, but he's definitely interested, and the latest and greatest plans are afoot.

I need to be getting well quick quick quick.

No comments: