24 October 2005

Coughy McCoughington

I think the title says it all really.

Ever since my horrible flu, when I couldn't manage to get completely well, I was left with a cough. Although I have improved to the point of general wellness, the cough has continued to progress into a hacking, clacking nightmare.

The truth is, it is not new, this 'horrible cough that won't go away'. The first time I remember getting such a cough I lived in Baltimore. Maybe it was my last year there. And then I know I got it again, maybe twice in St. Louis. And I've gotten it at least two other times in London. I think it's my sinuses. And the cough is caused by some sort of drip irritation.

And it's irritating all right.

My plan is to go to my GP this week. But I'm reluctant to believe that they are going to be helpful in the slightest. I may have to suffer through, and cause suffering to everyone around me.

I hate this miserable cough. It makes me miserable to not be able to talk or laugh or breath with any degree of comfort. And it makes me self conscious which always makes me feel edgy and stressed. And in all honesty, I already have enough stress in my life at the moment. Stupid fucking cough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

k your life does not contain that much stress...you dont have children just think how much more stressful it COULD be!
tld
ps...you actually sound more like Bob Fleming from the fast show