09 October 2005

Lazy Sunday

It's half one and I'm still in my pajamas. I don't think I'm going to get dressed today. I'm doing a bit of cleaning up around the flat. It had gotten away from me a bit, with being ill. And C has definitely not been pulling her weight either, though she has been contributing a good deal to the mess-making. She moves out on Saturday and I've yet to find a new flatmate. It may be time to start worrying soon.

What I'm trying to build up enough energy to do (or clear enough room to do) is to flip my mattress over. This will involve stripping my bed of all the bedding as well, and probably putting it straight into the wash. So it's not really quite so simple. Well, and also the mattress is really heavy and I'm likely to break something by attempting to flip it by myself, but I'm stubborn like that, and anyway, who is there to ask for help really?

I am also going to buckle down and do a good couple hours of studying today. Time to jump right back up on that horse and ride it hard. I want to fly to New York in early December to take these two exams, so October is all I have left to study for the one exam before switching over to the other. Fuck me, I'm so going to fail both of these exams, but I'll go through the performance regardless. It's the one thing I wish I was back home for. It's just really hard to find the motivation and resources to study here. But I'll keep trying. I have years before I give up entirely.

My friend S is all stressed out because her cat is having some kind of liver trouble and has been at the vets since Thursday night. So I've been calling and texting her to lend moral support. I know I would be a wreck if I had a pet who was sick. Yet another good reason not to have a pet I guess.

No comments: