07 October 2005

Huge Tonsils

I went to the doctor this morning. Two weeks after I first fell ill. The reality is, most of my illness has passed, but when I called to get an appointment on Tuesday, the earliest they would see me was Friday, so I felt on principal, I should still use my visit.

And really, I'm still not operating at 100%.

The doctor seemed to think I was simply suffering from a general cold brought on by being weakened by the flu, that is, until he looked in my mouth. "Your tonsils are huge." he said, "I think you have some tonsilitis."

'Huge' must be a fancy medical term. So I managed to get myself prescribed some penicillin for ten days. Eight pills a day, two at a go. I need to go get myself some friendly bacteria because I'm about to strip my body down of any little organism in there, the good the bad and the ugly.

I'm so happy that it's Friday and it's the weekend again. This evening I'm showing my flat to a prospective flatmate which should be interesting. She's the first one to call and ask about it, since I put my ad in Loot. I suspect I'll get a lot of calls on the weekend though. I want to do a major airing out and cleaning in my flat. Get rid of all the sickness buildup that happens when you're feeling icky. Broadway Market of course, and I'm hoping to see this gallery exhibit maybe. Of course I was also hoping to entice Mr.Aloof to come north, but the bastard has gone into hiding again. Such a roller coaster that one.

There are so many things rattling around in my head....

No comments: