28 October 2005

Roll On Weekend!

Not quite 2pm but I'm leaving work early today to finally go see my GP about this stupid cough. The weekend is almost upon us.

No flatmate replacement yet. I placed a new advertisement yesterday though, so hopefully something will come from that, I've had two calls this morning and they should be coming by tomorrow, so we'll see.

No word from Mr.Aloof who I presume is still in Japan or in transit. I only knew the day he left and he said 'back in a week'. So soon, I hope. I find I'm missing him a bit. Dangerous, I know.

Studying for my exams is going alright, though I'm supposed to switch exams to study for this weekend. I'm not quite finished with the first exam, so this will mean double studying. I've changed my mind about which exam to take with the one I've studied for so far, but now that I've made up my mind, I need to book them, and then book my flights to New York. How tedious.

But it will be good to go back to New York. I need new clothes and shopping is so much cheaper there. Though I'd like to set up a UK credit card before I travel, otherwise I have the annoyance of needing to send money home to my American account to cover my US credit cards. Still, a minor irritation. You'd think that since I own a flat here and have a bank account and am even a professional that I should be able to get a credit card in this country, however, you'd be wrong so far.

T and I went to see Corpse Bride this week which was cool. And we ate at Yo! Sushi which was excellent as well. I had sushi last weekend with S and his friends. Twice in one week, I feel spoiled! Though once upon a time, seven times a week was more normal for me. *sigh*

This weekend I need to clean my flat which I've put off the past couple weekends and study. And maybe purchase an umbrella. I kind of want to go here just because it seems cool, though it's probably more than I want to spend on an umbrella. Still, I've yet to get a new umbrella and though I've not gotten soaked yet, I do know that I'm tempting fate and it needs to be sorted immediately.

Anyway, that's all the news that's fit to print. Not too much exciting going on. It's okay to have calm periods sometimes.

No comments: