02 May 2006

A New Week

Well, it was a nice and relaxing bank holiday weekend for the most part. Tlsd has already mentioned how we went to Thames Barrier Park. It is highly unusual for me to have any desire to wander about outside, particularly amongst green things. I much prefer the fumes and hard concrete of the working city. However, I wanted a small adventure and to go see something I'd not seen before, and so this park it was. And though it wasn't hot by any means, it was really a lovely day and a lovely park and yes, even a lovely hot chocolate, almost, but not quite as good as the one at the Corner down on Mare Street.

I bought some yarn and knitting needles over the weekend as well in preparation for tomorrow's stitch and bitch at work. I also used a portion of my weekend to teach myself how to knit by utilizing my friend the internet. I learned I had been doing it wrong and set about learning the right way. Can't say I really have it down yet, but I know the basic stitches now and am going to make a scarf in order to perfect them. Following patterns will have to come later.

The other big news of the day, is that I somehow managed to pass both my exams. I can't figure out how I feel about this. Happy, obviously, but also like a bit of a fraud. I did not deserve to pass both of those exams. No way. I made a mockery of studying, and I didn't really know what I was doing, and it's a joke that I've passed when other people fail (and sometimes more than once). Of course, it doesn't matter how it makes me feel, it's the course I'm set upon, and because I'm blessed or cursed with being smart, I passed. So that's what's important. And deep down, in a very guilty sort of place, I am very pleased about it.

Anyway. I know I've not been writing too much lately. But I haven't had too much to say. Lots of the same old same old. Welcome to my boring life.

3 comments:

moi said...

I did this when you told me you'd passed.
... not that there really was a doubt for a swot like you.

;0p

X said...

The other big news of the day, is that I somehow managed to pass both my exams.

YAY! HOORAY FOR KAY! Congratulations!

---X

Kopaylopa said...

What's a 'swot'? Thanks guys....

-K