04 May 2006

Four Day Weeks Rock

Today I kept thinking of lots of things I should put in here, and of course now I've forgotten them all. This morning I went to visit a site, and what a day for it. I traveled to Woolwich, where I had never been before. I got to take the Silverlink all the way to the end, and then hopped on a free ferry across the Thames. I walked around for ages and decided to go back by walking the Woolwich foot tunnel under the Thames. It was so pleasant to wander about in the sun and look at the water. And of course I took a bunch of pictures of the site along the way as well. That was after all, what I was being paid to do... *laugh*

Next week I'm supposed to meet up with a prospective, D. We chatted on the phone last night which was alright. I mean, we chatted for an hour and a half, so I guess it was better than horrible. But I didn't feel anything about it either. What I want I can't have and so I'm not really in the best of moods to be looking for new things, even though once upon a time those I think I want now, were strangers to me like those I meet now are. I just hate going through the motions of meeting new people. I found people I liked. Why wasn't that good enough? For fucks sake. Dating is a huge pain in the ass.

Anyway, it's just a first date. It'll be fine.

Four day weeks are really the way to go. This week has been splendid. Of course the weather hasn't hurt in that respect either. I've been thinking about where I could take my bike to go cycling about away from traffic. There seemed to be a trail along the waterfront at Woolwich, though that seems a bit far to drag a bike. Maybe. Maybe not. It does seem like it would be fun though. So unusual for me to be interested in going outside. I should definitely take advantage of it while it lasts.

4 comments:

Louche said...

Bikes are aces, You should go to Hyde Park and then do some exploring.

moi said...

You really would have been better suited to a static exercise bike... given your love of the great outdoors.

Kopaylopa said...

Hyde Park? Is that big enough to cycle around?

I don't mind eliptical machines or treadmills but for some reason I really don't like stationary bikes.

-K

moi said...

Hyde Park is huge.