25 May 2006

Potato Bus Toothpick Madness

I took these photos last weekend I think, or the weekend before. I can't remember now, it's become a bit of blur recently. However, I do know that tlsd and I were riding on the bus to go somewhere, when we began to notice someone had put potatoes on the top of the bus stands. They all had toothpicks or similar little sticks jabbed in them. Some where painted, and others weren't. So I happened to be on the bus soon after and had my camera handy, so I tried to snap as many as possible. I was entirely amused by the potatoes. I loved the mad idea of bizarre public art. So here is my tribute to you, oh potato artists. A digital memory. (Click on photos for a larger view)





4 comments:

moi said...

Rather strange, but oh so entertaining!

Anonymous said...

Spotted one on top of the bus stop shelter opposite London Fields this morning.
I thought "Mmm. Odd"
I was right.
Wasn't I?
It is odd, isn't it????
Sometime's I lose track of whats odd and what isn't.

Kopaylopa said...

Odd, genius, such a fine line.... ;)

-K

moi said...

I'm so tempted to bring the potato art to chicago...

;0)