29 May 2006

Oscillating

Alternate titles for today's post also included, "The Smell of Leather", "Back and Forth", or "Scandinavian Wannabe". On this very lackadaisical bank holiday Monday I have not done very much. The weather has much reflected my state of mind. Brilliantly sunny with blue blue sky and alternately chucking down rain. The temperature is fairly cool due to all the evaporative cooling but if you stand in the sun you can really feel the warmth.

I recognize my posting is reflecting my alternating lows about the Mr.Aloof situation and potentially not the flip side where I am fine. Right now for example, I am fine with it. This back and forth, ebb and flow, urgency and relaxation- it is all a part of the grieving and healing process. I must go through these moments so that it will trouble me no more. I get alternately needy and angry and wanting and then, after some time has passed, I feel okay. As time passes, those moments of needing and anger will be less, and the feeling of calmness and fine will be more, and then, I will be over this sadness. It's all going to be okay.

Today, I bought a rug. Well, in fairness, I bought three rugs, but I am using them as one rug. And really it's hard to say 'rug' when what I really want to say is 'woven sheepskin goodness'. My lounge smells like yummy leather, and good leather and wool it is. So soft and fluffy, it's like silk between my toes. Very springy and soft. Makes me want to quickly move forward with my plans to put in a gas fire and have custom built wall units because laying on the sheepskin rug in front of a fire would just be completely wonderful. Though to be fair, it is the wrong season. Still, my Scandinavian aesthetic now seems complete. Screw the Dutch I say, Scandinavia is where it's at for design as far as I'm concerned. And anyone who says otherwise, isn't getting any cookies.

8 comments:

Louche said...

Is that a photo of the actual rug?

Kopaylopa said...

Why yes, in fact, it is!

-K

Louche said...

I like the layout of your room, it's very well balanced.

Kopaylopa said...

Thank you my good man. I rather enjoy it myself. Just like I am enjoying prancing around barefoot on my wonderful soft silky squishy rug this morning mmmmmmm.

-K

moi said...

Any chance of dinner at yours Thursday, so I can prance around barefoot on your rug and eat cookies?

;0p

Kopaylopa said...

Yep. We can even watch Alias.

-K

Louche said...

Seriously, what has a chap got to do to get some cookies?

Kopaylopa said...

*smirk* do you REALLY want to know?

-K