17 August 2005

The Return of Mr.Aloof

I refuse to believe certain things until they are poking me in the eyeball.

Mr.Aloof's time of insane work has come to an end. Instead of the three weeks of silence, as I had anticipated, there was actually two. The past week (and a half) he has been popping online at least once daily just to say hello, even though very busy. Occasionally a string of more coherent chatter came along.

In between all of this he asked for my upcoming schedule- which I sent.

And I received back the request (well, demand? request?.... given the nature of our relationship I'd stick with demand perhaps, but not in a negative way) that we are to meet up tonight, tomorrow night, and Friday night- which will go, I have been informed, until Sunday.

I'm a bit taken a back.

Not at the imposition, but rather with the sudden overwhelming quality of it. He's been absent for so long.

Tonight I imagine we are just catching up and remembering what it is like to be in each other's presence. I can't quite get around the fact that the last time I saw this man, he saw me naked. Did that really happen? I've erased it from my current memories.

Tomorrow I have been summoned to the building again for 9pm, with further instructions to follow. And I anticipate, it may be similar to the last time.

And Friday... he says we are to have dinner, that he wants me to bring my green leather, and no other information has been forthcoming, except that I will likely return home on Sunday.

I do love the mystery and the anticipation.

But I'm still holding onto a margin of skepticism. In case he disappoints. In case it all falls through.

If I wasn't, I'm sure I would be completely freaking out.

No comments: