22 August 2005

The Bad Half

Well, you knew it was coming, didn't you?

Friends serve a vital purpose. Mainly they are there to watch your back. Friends are supposed to look out for your best interests and point things out to you, when you may not see it yourself, even when you may not want to see it yourself.

I have just spent the weekend being yelled at by two friends and tsked at by a handful of others. All because of Mr.Aloof. The problem all stems from the fact that he made plans for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday- the Friday plans supposed to be going through to Sunday.

As previously expanded on, Wednesday and Thursday went very well indeed. However. Friday morning when Mr.Aloof took me to the tube I said, "So are we still having dinner?" and he said we were. Original plans were for 7:30 in Clapham. So just before 5, when we were having to turn off all of our computers at work I asked if we were still on. He said he was running late, that I should head home and that he'd call me.

Needless to say....

There was no call. No message. No text. No e-mail. No instant message. My flatmate C was surprised to see me at home. "He's running late and we are pushing back plans." I said. Thought spinning darkly.

I tried calling him around ten, his phone was off.

Eventually I went to bed. Woke up around 8. Still no call. No message. No text. No e-mail. No instant message. I ripped off a rather pissed off email. This is becoming habit with him and it is completely unacceptable. I didn't make the plans for the week. In point of fact, had we just had plans to meet Wednesday and Thursday, that would have been brilliant. But HE made the plans for Friday and then didn't have the courtesy to just tell me they were off. I mean for fucks sake!

He did reply on Saturday and we had a bit of a chat, but he was back at work and had to go. And of course, this was the last I heard from him. No other word. And now it's Monday noon.

Back to my friends. They are royally pissed off on my behalf. They are clamoring at me to demand retribution. Or to drop him altogether. To think more of myself. To stand up for myself. To not let myself be treated this way.

It's rather nightmarish. Why did he make plans for Friday? Why couldn't he just let me know? Why do I have the sinking suspicion that part of what my friends are saying is completely correct? What am I supposed to do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a prize wanker!!!!
K YOU ARE NOT A PIECE OF MEAT THERE FOR HIS AMUSMENT!!!!
i completely agree with everyone!
talk to you tomorrow!
lunch i presume.....
xxxx
hugs
tlsd