02 August 2005

Nerdy

I've found work very difficult to concentrate on so far this week. I have lots of work to do, and as usual, the more I find I have to do, the more I lack the motivation to do much of anything at all.

Which I suppose isn't entirely true. I channel my energy from what I probably should be doing into something else. In this weeks case, I have started to concentrate on my upcoming exams in November/December.

I am not sure I mentioned before that I am in the process of taking my architectural licensing exams. I don't try to dwell on it because it showcases my more nerdy side which I like to keep hidden.

I took my first exam in March. It was really stressful and I thought for sure I had failed. I hadn't, but the exam was seriously tough. And I took what is generally accepted as being the easiest one. Only eight more to go. It's a huge pain because I can only take the exams in the States. There are also no local study groups or help available which makes it twice as hard.

Now I'm setting up to take one of the hardest, and one that is supposedly not so bad. Each will take at least a month to study for. At least. Blah.



No comments: