14 August 2005

Sunday Aftermath

The party turned out quite well. I was happy that my flat was full of socializing people eating lots of food and drinking themselves silly. The last guests left around 2 this morning. I stayed up an additional half hour trying to put perishables in the fridge and concentrate all dishes and bottles into the kitchen. This was the first thing I saw this morning coming down the stairs when I finally decided to get up at 10:30.

Turning into the kitchen, I was greeted by the piles of dishes I had carefully moved into the kitchen in the wee hours. That mess took four cycles of cleaning and drying, but I got it all done.

Of course there was no respite when I turned around as I was faced with this.

Still, the only thing left now is to take the trash to the bins and the bottles to recycling. It's amazing. My lounge is actually cleaner now than it was before the party. Bonus!

Now my actual birthday is this Tuesday. Not much planned for that. Probably a work lunch thing and maybe a drink or two after. Have yet to hear from Mr.Aloof about when he may want to meet up, though he has asked (and I have sent) my schedule for the next week and a half.

No comments: