07 August 2005

Second Half

So I had to make it west across town to make it to the 02 center. I got on the silverlink only to find out it wasn't running between Camden road and Kilburn. Luckily they made the announcement at Highbury and Islington so I jumped off the train to switch to the tube. It was good then, that I had decided to purchase a ticket for the train, because I didn't have my Oyster Card on me. If I had my card, I wouldn't have had the ticket. Instead, I used my cheap train ticket to get the tube staff to pass me through the gates with the magic phrase 'replacement bus' and a flash of my ticket. Kick ass.

Met up with B and S and settled down to watch Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Now, I'd seen lots of reviews of this movie, most saying that Tim Burton does reality very well, but the chocolate factory portion was less entertaining. All I have to say is, I have never seen a movie that so completely simulated the effects of being high in my life. Right when it was starting, during the previews I think, S who was on my left asked B for some of her sweet popcorn (sweet popcorn? blech. disgusting. the topic for another post someday.) So B reaches across me with the tub and proceeds to flip it into the air in slow motion, spraying popcorn everywhere. That was funny.

Then, I said to B and S that I was sure some child would be crying before the end of the movie. Sure enough, about halfway through the shrill sound of crying echoed throughout the theater, and I laughed at that for a bit.

I'm not even sure I remember which parts I thought were so funny. Maybe it was Willy Wonka saying "good morning starshine, the earth says hello" which was then stuck in my head for the rest of the evening. Maybe it was the whipped cream cow. Maybe it was the way Veruca Salt said "squirrel" Maybe it was the freakish oompa loompas and their seriously fucked up dance routines. Whatever it was, I adored this film because it was keyed in precisely to my brand of humor. That alone should be disturbing. I think I'll have to buy it.

After the movie we went to China Red, a new restaurant in the O2 center that wasn't there when I lived there. Another ex-flatmate joined us, H. H and S got tiger beer and B got a glass of white wine. I ordered some sake and the hijinks continued. I don't remember how it happened, all I know is I went to take a sip of sake and someone said something funny at which point I choked/spit/laughed/sprayed sake everywhere. All I have to say is, that shit burns when it gets in your eye! S almost spit later in the evening and B managed to spit back into her glass even later still. I'm telling you, we were in a right state. Only H managed to avoid spitting or almost spitting a beverage. B got nervous at one point I was saying rude things too loudly at which point I said less loudly it wasn't like I was saying 'anal fisting' really loudly or anything truly obscene. We all had a really good time. Until T showed up.

T is S's boyfriend. And I don't really like T. Well, it's not that I don't like T necessarily, but I think he's horrible with S. And S was being cool until T showed up and then he turned into someone else. And then they got into an argument. So that put a damper on things. We decided to wander over to Walkabout because it was the closest place to drink, and the evening never quite picked up again. First of all, Walkabout is a shit place, it was too loud and the people were foul. On the other hand, it was entertaining to make fun of them, but there's only so much of that one can take. We only stayed for two drinks when I noticed it was almost midnight and I was going to have a bitch of a time getting home. Took three tubes and a bus, but I finally made it, and aside from the very end bit, have extremely fond memories of an evening well spent.

Now I'm being bad because I was supposed to go shopping for clothes today but I couldn't manage to get myself to Oxford Street. I hate how shops don't open until noon a Sunday. What the fuck is that all about? I think I'll try for late night Thursday instead.

No comments: