05 September 2005

Random Thoughts in No Particular Order

I'll need time to sort through these and figure out which ones to expand upon and which ones to leave here as footnotes to five days without an active outlet for the usual maelstrom in my mind.

- Siena is what a town would look like if people were like ants. There were no trees and yet it did not feel cold or unnatural, in fact, the opposite.

- The life of X. See all the things one misses when they go away.

- When you travel with a friend and spend every second together all the time, there is no time or place to really get yourself off. Unless you get yourself off in the shower, but the shower was tiny. I wonder if S did that.... Four days is just too long to go without.

- N's mom was a bitch and made me feel bad about not going to the villa after 36 hours straight almost of wedding activity attendance. That wasn't cool.

- S and I looked awesome three days in a row dressing up and walking around town like moviestars. I never do that. My feet hate me though, seriously.

- Going to see Mr.Aloof tomorrow...

- My skin is broken out from flying probably and the heat. Italy was hot. Want it to clear up. Don't like broken out skin.

- Places seem a lot smaller when you visit them when you are older. When I was 16, I thought Florence was this massive city. Strange how it all just looked.... smaller. On the other hand, this never happens when I go back to New York.

- Scenes out of New Orleans are unbelievable. So was the monkey president's response. I hate Bush. I liked that the mayor had his radio diatribe though. Until Bush actually came down to 'survey the damage' and apparently had the mayor over a barrel because afterwards he said nice things about the stupid president. I would have kicked him in the nuts.

- Moscato D'Asti is my new favorite wine.

- Wine without sulfites doesn't give you a hangover. Kick ass.

- Forli is not that close to Bologna, no matter what RyanAir says.

- Something in my house smells bad.

Right. I think that's about all of my random thoughts for the moment. I will of course have a photo selection of 'things I thought were funny' from my Italy trip when I get around to uploading them. If in doubt about my level of humor, refer to my fun photos from Helsinki. Need to do some work now. More later.

2 comments:

X said...

When you travel with a friend and spend every second together all the time, there is no time or place to really get yourself off.

Depends on who the friend is.

---X

Kopaylopa said...

How very, very true.

-K