08 September 2005

Best Intentions

I am one seriously lazy motherfucker.

It's terrible. Where do people find motivation to do anything at all?

I know there are all these things I should do. I need to do. When not doing them, say, sitting at work for example, I think about the multitude of things I should do when I get home.

For example:
- Hang curtains in my bedroom
- Take out the garbage
- Vacuum up the spiders
- Study for my exams
- Go to the gym
- Do some laundry
- Put away the clean clothes
- Clean generally
- Deal with the piles of crap in my room
- Package up clothes to take clothes to the clothes bank (and take them to the clothes bank which is just around the corner)
- Catch up on my correspondence with friends and family

I'm sure there are other things.

What do I end up doing?

- Watching TV.
- Surfing the web.
- Sleeping on the couch.
- Pondering the above list but making no effort to tackle any of it.

Well, that's not entirely true. Last night for example, I managed to upload half my Italy photos to the web after downloading them off my camera. And this morning I took out the bathroom garbage as well as the extra garbage that was kitchen overflow (of course I left the bag in the can alone, saving that horror for tomorrow. Damn C for leaving her stinky garbage for me to take out... *gr*). I also did a bunch of dishes that were rather odorous in the kitchen (also a gift from C who is in Manchester) so that was good.

But really, it wasn't good. What the fuck did I do with all my time? Nothing. Nothing I should have done anyway. Ridiculous. I even stayed up later than I wanted because I got sucked into watching the new 'Lost' on E4 after the regular one on Channel 4 finished. I think I should kill my television.

No comments: