27 September 2005

Officially Sick

So I have a flu or something. Fuck but I hate being sick. I've slept most of the morning after having an extremely restless night of waking about a hundred times. I even have a fever and everything.

I feel a bit guilty for not being at work seeing as how I have lots to do, but on the other hand, since I slept most of the morning, it's also clear that I really probably just need to be at home resting. It's just that I hate being sick.

I'm supposed to meet up with Mr.Aloof this weekend and at the moment I can barely think about it. You know you are really sick when you can't stand the thought of someone touching you or any sort of intimacy whatsoever. Clearly this must pass immediately. I don't get to see Mr.Aloof enough to waste a chance to hang out with him because I decided to succumb to some illness. Simply not acceptable!

This was also supposed to be the week I stated going back to the gym. Somehow over the summer, my gym attendance just disappeared. I was good about it while the weather was cold and it was dark. But as soon as it got light and warm I just couldn't find the motivation. However, I've been increasingly upset with the flabby state of affairs that is my body and the thing is, I actually enjoy the gym when I manage to get myself there, so the dissatisfaction coupled with the cooler weather has given me a renewed interest in getting back to it. But clearly not this week, now.

There isn't much else going on or of interest. This weekend I want to go check out the Mile of Art thing that's going on not far from me (check out those cows, huh?). S's boyfriend C is going to have a booth. It will be the first time he's shown any of his work publicly I think, and I'm curious to see how it goes. And then I'm just curious to see all the art. Though to be fair, I've blown my art budget this year by helping to support CJC's family. But that's okay, it was a worthwhile cause and I got a few excellent photos out of it.

Anyway, I think I hear my bed calling. Later kids.

2 comments:

X said...

It's always terrible when you start feeling broken. Get well soon, Kay.

---X

Kopaylopa said...

Thanks X. I plan on it.